Job roles within this area include:
- Animator – Pressac
- Graphic designer – Pressac
- Illustrator – Want to do more/ find a company to gain experience from.
- Multimedia programmer
- Production designer, theatre/television/film – Flower and the girl
- Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Advertising account executive – Pressac
- Arts administrator – I want to know more about this.
- Fashion designer
- Fine artist
- Higher education lecturer – Life drawing lectures
- Textile designer
- Web designer
- creativity – learning to find your own style while being flexible to new ideas and client needs;
- the capacity to work independently – in order to produce your own work and build your portfolio;
- design skills and methods – drawing and sketching, moving image and digital media;
- IT skills – using specific creative software;
- entrepreneurial skills – your portfolio has to be creative, imaginative and commercial;
- interpersonal skills – to collaborate with others;
- effective networking – using social media to brand and promote yourself and your creative products;
business management capability – knowing how to deal with tax, copyright and licences.
After meeting with Sam and discussing my options for moving forward with the module and my future plans for BurBo Creations, I took time to reflect on what we discussed and what it truly is I want to do. Something that came out of this reflection is the fact my passion and my talent lays within the creative area of Advertisement and Marketing.
I have already had experiences working on such things as a poster to advertise a theatre performance at Staffordshire University, an animation to present an idea to a company, a poster for a charity give away, designing my own company logo and then my personal work which includes hand drawings and digital drawings for my online social media accounts.
For the remainder of this week I shall be researching further into all the areas listed above to see which path if any could be my possible direction for my company.
I found my information on: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/illustration